Stamping Addiction

My new cabinet for wood stamps                                                
My newly tuned and played guitar



My Sister got me started with Stampin' Up and since the first day I sat down and made my own creative project, I have been addicted.  I'm afraid I spend more time just trying to organize all the wonderful stamps and papers and punches and accessories I've purchased than I do actually creating though!

In January of 2012, I was in a bad car wreck; my car (I can't remember what happened but I believe someone tried to force his way around me on the right side on the on-ramp getting onto the highway, which forced my car down an embankment and it rolled over several times before stopping in the wrong direction across two lanes of the expressway).  I broke my neck and have severe scalp injuries and was taking to the Trauma Unit at the hospital where the surgeon told my family that if he could not repair the broken vertebrae in my neck, I would be a quadriplegic the rest of my life.  Thank God for all that prayed for me and the surgeon came out and told my family that it went like 'text-book'.  Everything was fine and he placed a metal plate and four screws to fuse the vertebrae together.  The scalp was another problem:  I had 86 staples in my scalp and over 100 stitches under those.  It's been a year and a half of recovery now but my life is getting back to more of where it used to be. I don't 'run' our adult day center and home service company anymore;  my two daughters do that and are doing a wonderful job. So now I am able to stay at home with my wonderful and caring husband and stamp and make cards and just recently, decided to pick up my guitar again and start practicing and learning to play it again. I gave that up when we decided to open the business because I was too busy to play.  I am also hoping to even get back to the book I began writing before we opened the business and I set it aside with just over 100 pages... unfinished. I don't like leaving things unfinished; that's one reason I decided to get back to the guitar.  They have been nagging at me in the back of my mind now for months.  I want to learn to play WELL.  I took the guitar to the daycare center last week and played it for a while for some of our members there and they loved it.  It was very rewarding to me to be able to do something for them that brought joy and happy memories to them.

Today I am reorganizing all of my wood stamps because my husband gave me a wooden cabinet that got for a steal by talking to the manager at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  It was broken and the price dropped down to about $68 (from over $150) and my husband talked to the manager and he let him have it for $48!  So I talked my husband into letting ME have it for my wooden stamps and some other materials. :)

Today I also found a blog by a Pastor that I used to love reading his blog posts and I was so happy to find it again.  Maybe my life is getting more settled again ... at least I hope so.  More time for Bible reading and stamping and creating things and writing and reading!  Retirement isn't so bad after all!

Have a great day every one and remember that Jesus loves you and died to take your place and pay for your sins so you could forever be with Him in Heaven!  John 3:16, 17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answers to Yesterday's Quiz on Moses

In the Beginning....