First Blog in Ages!

What to say? This is the first time I've gotten back to blogging in a very long time! I used to blog under a different name, but it was left idle for so long it disappeared.  During that time, I started a business with my daughter : Caring Hearts of Dunlap, Adult Day Center and then a year later, we added on Non-Medical Home Services. Once all the licensing was in place, in January of 2012, I was on my way to Dunlap, bringing some fun games for the members to play and was in a horrible car wreck. I broke my neck and had multiple scalp injuries since my convertible (the top was up) went down an embankment and rolled over several times! Thank God, He had everyone I needed there within minutes. I was taken to the hospital trauma unit and underwent surgery to immediately close up some of the head wounds, and the next day had to have cervical surgery to fuse the vertebrae in my neck and the plastic surgeon was called in to take care of the rest of the scalp injuries. One year later, after 4 months in a collar and months of physical and occupational therapy, I am "almost" back to normal. At least you would think so by looking at me. I still have some pain, especially in the mornings when I awaken after having lain in the bed all night and have a hard time moving around when I get up for a while. But thank God, I am moving. When they brought me in, the cervical surgeon said that if he couldn't fuse the vertebrae, I'd be a quadriplegic the rest of my life, so I am THANKFUL!!

After all of that, going back and forth to Dunlap, TN (a 45 minute trip for me) every day was just too much.  I tried to start back just 2 days a week and then work from home the other days, but it proved to be too much. My stamina is not what it was before the accident. I would come home totally exhausted and be so tired all day the next day.  So we hired my oldest daughter to take over the administration duties and be the Office Manager so that our youngest daughter could be out marketing and signing up clients and checking on caregivers and clients. Just sitting home after being so active was not fun for me, so I made a visit to IL to see my family and my Mom up there for a few weeks and while I was there, I visited with my Sister that had just become a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. She said if I wanted to have a party for her first demonstration and I could get tips and free merchandise. I did, and got totally hooked on Stampin' Up! I've always been creative and used to do oil painting all the time, cross-stitching, writing poetry and fiction, a few children's books, etc. Stampin' Up is another creative outlet for me which I very much enjoy doing. My Stampin' Up page is: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/creativeart/  
If you love to stamp or scrapbook, they have the BEST materials I've ever used! I used to just buy everything from retail stores, but after using their paper and their trimmer and all the embellishments that goes with it, I don't care for the quality of anything else! I've had 3 or 4 different trimmers but Stampin' Up's trimmer is the BEST I've ever used! There are so many creative things you can make; your imagination is your only limitation!
Hope you will visit my stampin up page and join and buy some of their products from me and try them and you will be hooked just like me! :)

Long post for a first one, but I've always been 'wordy'! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answers to Yesterday's Quiz on Moses

In the Beginning....